About Houston Asset Management Charitable Foundation Scholarship
Houston Asset Management Charitable Foundation is a subset of Rotary Club of Houston Heights Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) Charitable Foundation, and was created with the intent to award scholarships to deserving students pursuing a degree in the business field ranging from economics, finance, investments, accounting, and business administration. This scholarship totals $10,000 payable in $2,500 increments over the next 4 years and comes with an internship between the student’s junior and senior years.
Criteria for Application
To be eligible to apply for the Houston Asset Management Charitable Foundation Scholarship, you must meet the below criteria:
- High School Senior (Grade 12) graduating from high school this academic year.
- Planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school. This institution must be able to receive the scholarship directly from the Charitable Foundation on your behalf.
- Pursuing a Major in a business field such as economics, finance, investments, accounting, financial planning, management, or marketing.
How to Apply
The application window opens January 2nd. We must receive your full application packet by March 31st. Your packet must contain all items below:
- Scholarship Application with Career Objectives (click here for Application)
- High School Transcript containing some of your 12th Grade year information
- Copy of your College Entrance Exam Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Resume (no longer than 2 pages)
- Essay on the topic: Based on your own or an influential person's experiences, briefly describe what tools, qualities, or beliefs you will need for financial success? The essay must be a minimum of one page single-spaced to a maximum of two pages single-spaced.
Please return all required materials to the following:
Houston Asset Management, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
1800 West Loop South, Ste 1980
Houston, TX 77027
Application Review Process
In April, the Scholarship Committee will begin to review all applications. Four finalists will be selected to interview with our scholarship committee. If a finalist cannot make the interview, that finalist will forfeit his/her application and the committee will select another student to interview. After the interviews have been completed, the scholarship committee will make their decision and notify the winner the following day. Our intentions are to award the scholarship to a deserving high school senior in May before graduations.
The amount of the scholarship is $10,000, which will be awarded in $2,500 increments for 4 years. The awarded student is required to maintain a 2.75 GPA or higher to receive each succeeding years payment. By August 1st of each year, the recipient will need to provide us with a report card from the previous school year. Checks will then be made payable to the College or University for the benefit of the awarded student. Each payment will be made at the beginning of the school year. An opportunity for a paid internship between the student’s junior and senior year in college is also offered.